Thanksgiving Table Manners from 0-10 in 60 Seconds
0. Smile, greet everyone, then offer to help the Hostess.
1. Sit up straight in your chair and treat it like a church pew, not like a Lazy Boy chair.
2. Don't touch anything until the Host/Hostess sit down and place their napkins in their laps.
3. Have an age appropriate Grace or Blessing memorized and ready to go, just in case.
4. Place a dollop of all food offered on your plate whether you like it or not, and pass all dishes to the left with enthusiasm and a thank you.
5. Please, May I ask you to use your magic words often. Thank you!
6. Fill your fork only 1/2 full (your fork is not a shovel) and raise it nicely to your mouth.
7 Quietly say: "Please excuse me" if you must leave the table and place your napkin on your chair, the international signal for "I will return, do not take my plate."
8. Pace yourself with the rest of the table and pace yourself with the conversation as well.
9. Compliment and Toast the cook(s) and mean it with applause!
10. Warmly thank the Host/Hostess for their hospitality, delicious food and lovely evening, then write a hand written "Thank You" note as soon as you arrive home.
Be thankful, be with friends and family, be happy, be relaxed and be enjoying your Thanksgiving Day!