- To Clean a Copper Kettle: cut a lemon in half dipped in salt and rub it over the surface of the metal, washing afterwards with warm water to prevent the acid of the lemon from eating too much into the metal.
- To Make Mint Sauce from your Garden Mint: sprinkle the mint leaves with granulated sugar before chopping. You will be delighted with the result.
- To Clean Brass Candlesticks: wash the candlestick in hot, soapy water, making sure to remove all candle grease spots. Use your fingernails lightly or a soft cloth so as not to scratch the candlestick. Thoroughly dry with a soft cloth, clean with a metal polish, and polish well with a soft cloth. Next, smear the candlestick with a very thin coating of Vaseline. This keeps the candlestick bright for several weeks and future grease spots can be removed easier.
- To Keep Cheese Fresh: after opening, keep a cube of sugar next to the cheese inside it's container. The sugar will inhibit the mildew from growing and keep your cheese fresher, longer.
- To freshen up more than day old donuts: place them in the toaster oven and heat for a minute or two at about 150 degrees.
- To Remove Onion Smell from your hands: after peeling or cutting onions, rub your hands with celery to get rid of the odour.
- To Avoid Lumps in Salt: keep a bean or two in the salt shaker. The beans absorb all moisture.
Conserve your time and conserve energy and enjoy!